DSon's 40th

The last time I went to a Japanese restaurant was in Thailand.  I had already witnessed a number of laughable English interpretations that day, for instance the hotel had a sign advertising a Cloth Flattening Service (ironing!), and now on the Japanese menu in the Soups section I was presented with "Prawn & Chicken Custard" as an option.  I quite fancied the idea of Prawn & Chicken soup and went ahead and ordered it.  The waitress could speak Thai and Japanese but not English so I had to point to my choice.

To my surprise, what I thought was a laughable translation wasn't!  In front of me was placed a cup of cold set custard containing Prawns and Chicken, and being the polite chap I am I went right ahead and ate it.  It was fucking disgusting!  For dessert I ordered Green Tea Ice cream, that too was fucking disgusting!

Anyway, for Dson's 40th he had chosen to go to Manchester's No.1 Japanese restaurant Sapporo, so you can imagine how excited I was.  It's Teppanyaki dining where the chefs cook your meal in front of you and occasionally try to throw your meal into your mouth.  I caught a chipped potato on my third attempt.

A thoroughly good night was had by all and the food wasn't mental this time, in fact it was quite lovely.

"Bunster looking like Nookie Bear"

"Japanese Cooking"

"Dson (wasn't even doing the face this time!"

Comments

Popular Posts