Other Places in Dorset and Devon

It takes a long time to get started in the morning with a little baby dunnit?  But we were having a very relaxed week so it didn't really matter.  We're very familiar with Lyme Regis and Charmouth so we decided to explore the surrounding areas a little without going mental.

We went to Beer in Devon for the day and sat on a cobbled beach.  There was an old man sat behind me in a shirt, tie, waist coat, suit and a hat.  It was frickin boiling.  I think he'll die this winter if it's a bad one!

We went to Lulworth cove lured by the promise of a fossil forest.  We couldn't get in the forest this time as it's only open at the weekends so maybe we'll return another day.

We went to Seatown and sat on another cobbled beach.  When the tide is out it reveals a muddy bed of belemnites and other fossils.  I asked Kerry if she minded if I went for a walk and left her to tend to Darwin.  After 10 or 15 minutes I began to feel guilty so returned.  When she went for a walk she would disappear for hours at a time totally engrossed in finding fossils.

We also took Mr Chuchy swimming for the first time ever and he loved it.  Kerry has signed him up for a 12 week swimming course.  I was 7 before I learnt to swim!  How great is that?


"Old Man of Beer"

"Mr Chuchy in the English Channel"

"Mr Chuchy minus his Bitches at Seatown"

Comments

Popular Posts