Parents & Music

I rarely see my dad, in fact I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen him for about 12 years now, apart from the other week that is.  Kerry seems to think that he has a right to see Darwin, and Darwin should meet his grandad, but I don't think either of them would be arsed quite frankly, and I reckon my dad would actually prefer not to see him as it would be more hassle than what it's worth.

Anyway, on our way back from Southport the other weekend we passed through the town where my dad lives.  "Are we going to see your Dad?", Kerry asked.  "I'll tell you what", I said, "we'll drive past and if he's outside we'll stop and say hello".  Truly expecting there to be no chance of him being outside we drove past and bugger me, there he was stood outside.  Simultaneously applying my foot to the brake of the car and saying, "O, fer fucks sake!", we came to a halt.  I went back on my word.

He's a man with a strict routine and I'm certain that he and his wife were off to their weekly Bingo session.  I think it would have made me a little angry knowing that they were getting stressed about being late for Bingo than feeling joy from seeing his 3rd Grandson.  But thinking about it he hasn't seen his 1st & 2nd Grandson ever and I'm pretty sure he has only seen his own daughter twice, why on earth would he want to meet Mr Chuchy?

Any road!  One of the times I saw him I was playing in Preston's top Jazz Funk band Tripitaka.  "You know what song you should do, 'Don't be Cruel' by Elvis", he suggested.  I don't mind a bit of the King but Jesus, Preston's top Jazz Funk outfit, we may as well cover Rachmaninov's piano concerto No. 3!

Parents should never get involved in their children's music interests.

If Mr Chuchy was about to release an L.P. (do they still call them that?) now and I was his manager I'd suggest the following image for the album cover along with the title, "Too Muchy Mr Chuchy for You coz you're Touchy.  I wear Gucci (pronounced Guchy!) and because you're from Holland, you're too Dutchy (and probably watch too much Starsky and Hutchy)".

Like I said...




Comments

Popular Posts