Told Off by a Grown Up

27.05.12

I went for a walk with Sarah and family today.  The boys have a photography competition coming up and the idea is to capture the beauty of Rivington.

I followed Sarah and we parked in a remote spot near the reservoir.  We then set off walking around the area occasionally taking snaps on the iPhone and the SLR.  It was a lovely sunny day and everyone was out in summer attire and in a picnic kind of mood without the picnics.  Sarah talked about all of the dead bodies that have been found in the woods where we walked.  Ethan showed me his new trick of picking a stinging nettle whilst only being stung a couple of times and Felix fell in the reservoir.

When we got back to the car the gates to the location where we had parked were closed and locked.  We then spotted a number of "Private Parking" signs!  I jumped over the gates and entered a building where eventually I came across 3 women, all who were very reluctant to assist me in my quest to get the gates open. I was eventually lead to a man in a wet suit who told me this was private land and he would come to the gates in 10 to 15 minutes.

The man came and again told us that this was private land.  We apologized and said that we would never do it again.  I tried to make light of the situation, pointed to Sarah and said, "it's all her fault.  She should know better, she's a teacher!".  We were again told that this is private land.

"Poppy in a Graveyard"

"Ethan"

"Horse Rider"

Comments

Popular Posts