The Olympic Waving Committee & the Flame FBI

The Olympic flame came to Rossendale today and I couldn't resist going to watch it.

Not that I'm a big Olympic flame fan, or indeed an Olympic fan.  In fact if I think about it, I think the whole thing is a bit disgusting.  And the fuckin flame, what's that about?  Jesus, we're in a global recession, how much is this shit costing? (The committee have refused to publish the amount!)  There are people in the world starving!

The flame got blown out several times in Blackpool, and if they want to play the fire game then at least do it properly.  The flame procession should have been stopped and David Beckham should have been sent back to Athens to get another bit of fire.

Any road. like I said, I couldn't resist going.  I didn't get my enjoyment out of seeing the flame I got my enjoyment out of watching people cheering at waving people.  Everyone who came along the route was waving, policemen, blokes on bikes, men with whistles, everyone.  And to be fair I was encouraging them but who do they think they are, the Queen?

I also got told off, TWICE, for getting too close to the flame.  I think the people running with the flame think they're in the fuckin FBI protecting the president!!!

"Waving Policeman"

"The Crowd"

"Flame Bearer with the Flame FBI"



Comments

Popular Posts