Danny and Jen

03.06.12

Danny and Jen got wed today at Smokies in Oldham.  In stark contrast to last weekend it was very dark and wet, it was going to be a flash dependent day.

Danny, Dan & and I sat in a room at Smokies listening to Danny research his speech.  The previous night he had given me a piece of paper, the draft of his speech.  It began "What is love?", both Dan and I laughed making reference to the 'Haddaway' hit.  It followed "in 1937, shortly before the outbreak of the first world war", "I'll have to stop you there..", I uttered.  Now it was his turn to vocalize and rehearse, and Dan and I were the audience.  There had already been tears and now instead of saying, "Jen would do anything for anyone", he mumbled, "Jen would do anyone for anything".

This was going to be a great speech, I thought.  I wanted him to be crying so much that he couldn't speak, then involuntarily piss himself and fall onto the wedding cake as his pants fell down to reveal him slowly thrutching a log out.  Unfortunately everything went rather well.






Comments

Popular Posts