The Starboard Side of the Car

The last mile to my house is a road heading north towards Burnley, a road that usually passes me by without any need to mention, but tonight it was quite unusual.  The road is accompanied by a mixture of ordinary features, northern terraces, the odd pub and the occasional factory.  Only tonight the road wasn't so much a road as a raging river.  A couple of cars were daring to make the journey so being in a "Who Dares Wins" kind of mood I thought I'd chance it myself.  I did think I had made a mistake when a river on my starboard side pushed against the car causing it to move several inches towards the port side.  I don't think Lexus make boats.

Rossendale had a months worth of rain within a 6 hour period. I love extreme weather but I don't like waterfalls inside my house. On Saturday I spent some time sealing my back windows with lots of silicone.


Comments

Popular Posts