The New House

We have eventually moved into our new home and I love it. It has twice as many rooms as my last place and you could fit the old house into the barn. We have en-suite things, underfloor heating in parts of the house and we’re surrounded by fields inhabited with playful lambs.

At the back of the house Marilyns and Hewitts rise immediately but gradually and there is very little man made noises. Cockerels crow and the songs of many small birds ring out in the morning. Occasionally a horse may trot through our drive, O yeah, comfortable parking for about 6 cars!!!

We burn logs collected from the plethora of trees scattered around the area and I amateurishly chop wood in the evening with a small axe. There’s something very therapeutic and healthy about it all.

We have one neighbour, a splendid happy fellow and his wife. He’s a teacher about to retire but spends most of the day attending to his animals. Consequently we’ve inherited a lot of animal friends. Nell is my favourite, a Border Collie bitch who just wants you to through stuff for her all day. Whenever she sees me she wants to follow because she knows I can’t resist throwing a stick or ball for her. There’s Chief Chirper, (I don’t know its real name, I’ve made it up. Kerry can’t remember Chief Chirper so she calls it Captain America and that makes me laugh.) a small shiatzu, Geoffrey, a very fluffy cat, New Ruby and New Ruby’s Mum. There are no fat diabetic dogs left in houses all day, getting fed pies and chocolates and being forced to watch Jeremy Kyle round here!

I went to the local Spring fayre at the weekend, it could have been a scene from the Vicar of Dibley. The local Vet opened the show with some lovely words and then everyone slowly meandered around the tables inspecting the Victoria Sponges and various crafts that had been made for the show.
"Nell"

"Geoffrey"

"A Walk at the Back of the House"



"Walking Back to the House"

Comments

Popular Posts