Never Been to the Lakes

I like it when I can entertain English people that have never been to the Lake District. It’s a stunning part of our country and like no other place within it. Of course you get the Yorkshire Dales and the Pennines, the Peak District and Dartmoor but they don’t compare to the Lake District.

Fern came up today, she’s a newby to the Lakes. I did have half a mind to take her up to Wastwater but she was with her Dad in the van and a van isn’t the best vehicle to get up Hardknott, plus I think Fern may have done a shit in it whilst attempting to ascend the hill. Instead we all went for a little walk around Rydal.

Darwin was on my shoulders for quite a lot of the time.  As walkers went by he would shout "Morning People", this made me smile.





Comments

Popular Posts