Transient in Kendal

I’m no stranger to the lakes, we used to holiday here occasionally as a kid and I regularly came up in my 20’s, virtually every weekend actually, to climb this mountain or the other or to satisfy my obsession with Wastwater, for me, the most beautiful place in England. But I’ve never really been familiar with Kendal, it didn’t have any reason for me to visit it and I’m not a massive fan of its Mint Cake. But it’s not too bad actually. It’s a clean and friendly place with everything in it you want from a town.

We’re transient in Kendal at the moment so we’ve been going out every now and then and visiting the attractions and facilities around the place. We have visited the Roman castle on the hill, had a walk by the river and visited Asda, Morrisons, M&S and Booths (there’s a Tesco & Aldi too but we haven’t been there!). Last weekend I had my hair cut at the Turkish barbers (they have 2 turkish barbers!) and they burnt my ear hair off, very effective. I wonder if I can do that myself without creating too much of a disaster?

When I arrived home from work the other night in 8 minutes, rather than the 1½ hours I’ve been used to for the past 9 months, Kerry was sat in the summer house whilst Darwin was running around the garden. We ate ice cream as the sun went down. Everything was still alright with the world.







Comments

Popular Posts