What the Hell is that Fat Bloke doing with a Reindeer in our House?

On Christmas Eve I was telling Darwin all about Santa and he was lapping it up. He knows about Rudolf and Sleighs and the fact that Santa comes down the chimney, and occasionally gets stuck. We sprinkled Reindeer dust outside the house and left Santa a glass of Ardbeg whisky and a carrot for the reindeer before Darwin went to bed.

If I was Santa I’d be expecting a proper single malt too. If you left me a glass of Bells I’d probably just throw it on to your curtains or summat.
On Christmas morning we prepared to descend the stairs and I was constantly watching Darwin’s face for any sign of emotion. I realised at this very moment that this was the pinnacle of Christmas for me and will be for the next few years. The magic of Christmas can be condensed into 5 seconds (probably less), that moment of anticipation, then realisation that Father Christmas has been. His little face lit up when he saw his presents and it melted me. I video’d it and the exact magic moment can be seen at exactly 4:00 minutes on the YouTube movie below.




We opened our presents downstairs. Piggy was very Thomas heavy again this year, more Thomas track and trains but just for a change we bought him some larger train track, Caterpillar train track! (What? We don’t lack imagination!!!). We also bought him some binoculars, a 35mm film camera (I say ‘We’!) and some walkie talkies, all Thomas and Friends branded. O, and a complete collection of small books all about Thomas the Tank Engine. The Thomas and Friends brand turns over more than £1 Billion pounds a year you know!!!

In the afternoon we made our way to Grandads and Darwin played with Leah & Shnai. Emotions ran high at points and Darwin got his nails painted for the first time, everyone had a lovely time.








Comments

Popular Posts