Minge

We eventually met up with the Baerons after the floods had subsided. This year for the adults (Note to self: send Simon & Thea a Christmas present. I always send there’s late!) I set a limit of £20 each and searched eBay for ‘Antiques’. I found it quite enjoyable. Chris got an old revometer which I thought looked pretty cool. Unfortunately I hadn’t read that the thing wasn’t working, but hey ho. Alex got 2 real Roman coins that had been made into cuff links, Sarah got an antique bracelet and Emma an antique vase. Most importantly (although not in the true spirit of Christmas, but there is a symbiotic mutualistic relationship between the buying and giving process here) I found it an enjoyable experience searching for the presents.

I did bid for a Cat Whistle, a Samurai sword and some photographs of Hitler but I was outbid.

I taught Ethan about the word ‘minge’. Many people believe it to be the ‘lady part’ itself, including Sarah, however it’s actually the hair around it. (Source: Urban Dictionary) Kerry made a very serious face and told me to, “Wind it in Michael” and for a few seconds I felt a bit guilty. I am however playing the necessary role of the older uncle with Ethan. He’s at that age when young boys will be discussing things like this and inevitably they’ll be getting things wrong. I don’t want him to grow up wrongly thinking that it is a ‘lady part’ when those more intelligent actually know it isn’t and laugh at those who don’t. Call me elitist…

The kids are all lovely and mostly played harmoniously. Piggy had a bit of a ‘set to’ with Bel over Harold the Helicopter but it was all sorted and forgotten about within a minute.








"The 'Set to'"

Comments

Popular Posts