Global Moaning

Every time some extreme weather hits the news Kerry chirps up about global warming saying, “See, I told you so. You should listen to me” like she’s the only person in the world that knows about it, and then she’ll tell me off for throwing the wrapper off a cheese triangle in the wrong bin.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a global warming denier and I strongly believe that the world ought to be doing something to reduce carbon emissions and treating the planet nice, but I’m not convinced that everything strange that happens is solely a consequence of global warming. And when it comes to throwing things in the wrong bin I’ve just made it harder for myself. We’ve bought a new touchless bin that makes me feels like a Jedi. I can waft my hand in front of it, the bin lid opens automatically and then closes itself after 5 seconds. Now I just want to throw everything in that bin!

On Boxing Day we set off to Emma’s and we could both see and hear that things were pretty mental as we walked down the street. The River Irwell was reminiscent of the white water rafting areas in the Colorado River, the road going down the hill had turned into a river and the road at the bottom of a hill had a fountain on it. None of this was normal.

As we were going uphill to Emma’s I thought we would miss the floods but I was wrong, as Kerry reminded me, several times. We abandoned the trip and had a lovely winters day in.

Comments

Popular Posts