Bum Bum Biting Bird

 Darwin and I went out for the day. I did some research before we shot out and I thought it would be a good idea to go to the Manchester Transport Museum. I didn’t know it even existed so we were in for a right treat. I should have checked the opening times because it isn’t open every day throughout the week, and this day was one of those days.

Our main focus then turned to dinosaurs so we made our way to the Manchester History Museum. The journey from the car to the museum was just as interesting to Darwin as the museum itself. We saw a fairy’s flower (a discarded piece of tinsel), a monsters footprint (the muddy imprint of a new Doc Martin boot) and he had to complete an assault course on both the way in and out of the museum (the cycle stands for University students).

We looked at all the stuffed animals. Darwin was ‘on one’. “Look at the bear Mummy”, a girl who looked much older than Darwin said to her Mother. Darwin looked at me with a frowned face and then with a raised voice said, “It’s a Polar Bear”. He did the same when a younger boy pointed at a large nocturnal bird of prey and said, “Birdie”. “It’s an Owl”, Darwin scorned as he corrected the boy.

As we inspected more animals Darwin paused and looked at me as we came across the Cassowary. “Is that the bum bum biting birdy Daddy?”. My lips were sealed but I nodded my head slowly as I looked at him. See, the bum bum biting bird yields quite a bit of power in our house. If Darwin is refusing to do something no matter how much we convince, demand or plead with him, the mere mention of the BBB Bird gets him to do it. I know it’s slightly wrong but it’s a tool we have.

"Darwin doing his Marcel Marceau Impression"
 
 
 
"The Assault Course"

Comments

Popular Posts