Friday Night in the Chippy

I rarely go to the chippy nowadays but this Friday I had to park in front of one and use the nearby cash point. The combination of hunger and the smell of fat made me want a chippy tea.

You get all sorts in a chippy. Posh folk wanting to slum it, placing their order and then going to the nearby CO-OP to buy a bottle of wine to drink with their chips. They appear not to know that there isn't a wine yet created to go with Fish & Chips, that’s why chippys sell Coke & Irn Bru. People well too pissed up for a Friday tea time, makes me think that the CO-OP have a 2 for 1 offer on their £3 2 litre bottles of strong cider! People buying half chips half rice with gravy or curry sauce, what’s all that about? And people in their slippers, as if the chippy is simply an extension of their kitchen.

I ended up having a Chinese Meal in the end which gave me 10 minutes or so to take photos of folk.

"Posh Couple"

"Woman"

"Woman with Daughter that doesn't stop talking"

"Slippers"

Comments

Popular Posts