Protesting n that

Its a funny old thing politics init?  I think I'm flightless when it comes down to politics, I'm neither right nor left wing and even at the age of 42 I've never voted in my life.  Today's protest in Manchester was about the forthcoming bedroom tax.  I don't believe that this world owes me anything, I've always worked and paid my way (apart from a 6 week period after leaving the army) and I think the benefits system should be there for when people fall on hard times.  I don't think people should be using the benefits system as a way of life or as an easy option other than work, but I do question whether the government have got their priorities right.  Will the money they save from the bedroom tax be greater than plugging the loopholes that allow huge companies and very rich people to avoid tax every year?

Any road, I secured my wallet in a zipped pocket (not because the poor were protesting, it's wise to do so in any busy city!) and wondered what sights I was about to see.  I was definitely expecting the "Guy Fawkes Mask" and lots of combat gear, lots of beards and unkempt appearances but would anyone be wearing a red beret like the good old days?

"Guys Fawkes Masks"

"Red Beret (Hooray!)"

"Babies Against Austerity?"

Comments

Popular Posts