ACC - Seba Kurtis

Seba gave another talk at the Whitworth today.  I like Seba, women like Seba, everyone likes Seba, especially women!  As I was there early I managed to get a few minutes with him and Zuzana in the cafe.  We didn't talk about photography, we talked about kids.  At the same time my Ham Sandwich came an entourage of people arrived and instantly kisses and hugs were being shared.  I knew this was going to be a busy ACC.

He's instantly enigmatic, lovable, good looking and interesting.  He'd be very suited being a rock star.

Any road, he spoke about his new book KIF.  This book details a journey to the Rif mountains in northern Morocco where he retraces the footsteps of his now deceased friend and drugs mule Dodo.  The images he took capture portraits of drug dealers, landscapes, money and water as well as Xrays of stomachs containing hashish balls and images of fruit.  (That's sounds a bit odd but I couldn't hear what he had to say about the fruit, it became a bit noisy in the Whitworth, and I didn't want to be the idiot to shout "what's going on with the fruit?" when he was telling a deeply compassionate story about his dead friend).

At the end 5 women and 1 man asked questions.  All the women were giggly and touched their hair whilst they spoke to him, the bloke didn't touch his hair once.

"Seba"

"Money (Kif)"

"Drug Dealer"

Comments

Popular Posts