Out n About

I remember being on exercise in the Brecon Beacons for the first time in the army.  If you're ever attacked during the night you apply as much suppressing fire as is appropriate, grab all your kit, especially your weapon and meet at a preset RV (rendezvous point).  The problem was, when we were given these instructions I only heard "grab your weapon and meet at the RV".  On the night we were attacked for the first time I was very impressed with how quick at got to the RV, long before anyone else did.  That ended up being a very wet and cold night for me!

I mention that because going out nowadays is quite the opposite of anti-ambush drills.  It does take military precision and you do need a lot of kit but now it takes ages to get out with the boy.  It's worth it though.

"Edvard Munch - The Scream (Darwin version)"

Comments

Popular Posts