Day 6 - Egypt

23.04.11

Valley of the Kings today and much to my annoyance cameras are not allowed in  the valley.  The tombs were far more colourful than I imagined, each guarded by an Egyptian bloke who points out a scarab beetle and Horas in the hieroglyphics and expects payment for doing so.

If I owned a car cleaning business on the road in to the valley guess what I'd call it? Valet of the Kings!

What would a trip to Egypt be without a good old ride on a camel? So this afternoon we rode around the west bank on a camel for an hour. The biggest person on the trip, a girl about twice the size of John Candy decided to take the camel ride too. The camel did manage to stand up then I'm quite sure I heard the camel speak, it said, "Fuck...Off", and then it sat down and refused to move. They put her on the back of a cart and got a donkey to tow it. I think she had a good time tho.

"The camel owners son"

"Man with an Egyptian shadow"

"Man viewed from a camel"

Comments

Popular Posts