Swear Top Trumps


Ever since he heard the word ‘Arse’ on Harry Potter Darwin has found swearing quite a giggle. He quickly learned the power of prefixing swears with an adjective and uses it in mischievous giddy times “I’m going to shove this up your fat arse” etc. He’s known the ‘S’ word for a while, he even called a sweet old lady ‘a little s’ once and he knows that that word is a little more taboo than arse.

However, whilst Darwin was playing on the play park the local football team was having a game of football. I took to watching the game as did some of Darwin’s friends and now I’m pretty sure there isn’t a swear that Darwin doesn’t know.

I myself love a good old swear. It’s such a powerful thing to have in your vocabulary if used right isn’t it? I try hard not to use them in front of Darwin because he knows that there are differences in power between words and I don’t want to normalise it.

However, with that in mind I think there should be a Swearing Top Trumps shouldn’t there.






Comments

Popular Posts