Grizedale

I think we were a few weeks too late to get the best of autumn on our extended walk around Grizedale but it was still beautiful enough. In past visits we’ve simply stuck to the basic Gruffalo trail but this time we extended our walk slightly.

I actually mis-read the map thinking our walk was 1.5 mile, it was actually 3.5 miles! And even though Darwin did moan a little neither Kerry or I carried him and he walked all the way round by himself.

Darwin has this habit of latching on to and walking with other people, especially if they overtake us on a walk. It’s quite cute at this age but if he doesn’t get out of this habit it’s going to be proper weird and scary. If I did that kind of thing I’m pretty sure people would be calling the police.

Anyway, due to the mis-interpretation we ended up walking until the sunset which let us experience the best part of the day in my opinion.

(The days start to get longer again in 11 days time and in less than 2 months it will be light at 5pm.)





Comments

Popular Posts