The Food Poisoning/Bug

We bobbed into a local supermarket the other weekend to pick up a present for some kid whose party we were going to. I was feeling a little peckish and we had half an hour to kill so we bobbed into the café. This was one of the posher supermarkets so I was expecting good things.

It was horrendous! We chose from the limited selection of sandwiches that were left and I went to pay for the items. The middle aged large set woman on the till asked me to pass her each item individually. She would then look at her screen for several minutes and then pass the items back to me. I think she was adding the items to eBay and wanting me to ‘Buy It Now’ through the eBay App. That would have been quicker!

Whilst I was at the checkout a boy walked by. “Where are you going?” she said sternly. Before he could answer she said, “I need you back in five minutes” and he walked away. 5 minutes later I was still at the till when the boy returned. “I don’t need you now” she said and off he walked again. She appeared to be quite a bully.

And then finally I asked for a slice of cake. The plates were on my side of the counter and she said “Pass me a plate thank you”. We made eye contact, I didn’t say anything.

After waiting 20 minutes for my sandwich to be heated up we had run out of time. It came as we were about to leave so I woofed it down and we went to the party.

When we got back home things didn’t feel right and before too long I needed a priest to exorcise me, it was coming out of both ends, and fast. Food poisoning! When I got out of bed the following afternoon I mustered up enough energy to write a review on Google about the café, I was nearly furious.

Whilst we were at swimming the following Tuesday I was talking to one of the mothers who was also at the party. “When we got back from that party at the weekend” she said “I was really ill, I started being sick and everything. There’s quite a few people who’ve had this bug apparently”.

I haven’t retracted my review.

On a separate note Darwin and I were talking about snakes recently. He asked if he would ever be able to see one in real life. Guess what was at the party?



Comments

Popular Posts