Last of the Summer Vimto

My blog entries are not so plenty at the moment because I’m doing a Masters and that requires me to do a lot of writing and stuff! I’m not getting bored though!

Towards the end of the Summer holidays Leah came and stayed with us. I like it when Leah’s around, she’s at a brilliant age where her interests span from playing with Darwin to holding semi-intelligent conversations with adults. And she’s lovely to boot.

We were having a chat whilst playing on the zip wire and I asked her what she likes to do at night when playing with her friends. “We just climb trees and stuff”. I’ll ask her the same question in a year or so and I bet her interests will have moved on. I’m reminded of when we used to see Brooklyn during this age where she would refuse to wear a coat in the snow because it was too uncool. But who am I to judge what’s cool and what’s not. In my day big coats were cool, probably because of E17, but nowadays blue frost bitten limbs are probably the in thing?

Every now and then I ask Darwin who his best friend is but nowadays it changes on a daily basis. Leo’s name does get mentioned frequently though. Leo and his twin Arran came up for the day. To build some tension before going on the zip wire I mentioned to the twins that kids often do die on the zip wire or have arms and legs ripped off. Darwin jumped in when I was mentioning it to Leo. “Is it OK if Arran has a leg ripped off though?” I asked Darwin, “Yes, that’s OK, but not Leo!”

Leah

Darwin

Leo

Arran


Comments

Popular Posts