Your Nose is Faster Than the Speed of Light

Darwin and I were having a conversation the other night. He told me that I had a big nose. I told him that his nose was bigger than his bum. He told me my nose was bigger than a mountain. I told him he could touch the moon with his nose. He told me I could touch the sun with mine. And then we worked out how to travel faster than light!

Amazing I know. But I imagined my nose being that long and then turning 90 degrees in one second and then wondering how fast the tip of my nose would be going. In actual fact it would be travelling less than half the speed of light. However, if the sun was 381,707,612.7km away and I did that then it would be travelling at light speed. And therefore, if my nose was slightly bigger than that and I made the same move the tip of my nose would be going faster than the speed of light!!!

Einstein? Who’s that?



Comments

Popular Posts