Sniper 964

I’ve always had a fascination with guns and rifles. Consequently, as soon as I was allowed I bought an air rifle and then joined Leyland Motors Rifle and Pistol club. I loved shooting targets. I love the smell and the feel and the potential accuracy of a good rifle.

When I joined the Army the calibre grew as did the distance. 7.62mm was the preferred size of round when I was a soldier, it’s less now, and 100m was the usual distance of the range. I still loved shooting and I was good at it. You’re required to be calm and relaxed and consistent and I’m not too bad at that.

Last weekend we went to Kendal Rifle club and I did the old .22 rim fire stuff on a 25 yard range, and I loved it. Naturally I was ace at it and won the trophy. We did pistol shooting as well and the range people said you would be good at one or the other. I happened to be ace at both!

I think I’m going to join the club though, I loved it.



"Pistol Target"


Comments

Popular Posts