Met Prince Charles

Back in 1977 the Queen came to Preston. I was at school at the time and they had us making poms poms for the entire schools about 4 weeks leading up to the visit. On the day she sped past in a black Rolls at about 60 mph probably exchanging expletives with Prince Phillip asking why on earth they had been brought to Preston. And I believe that’s the only interaction I’ve had with the Royal Family.

However, today I met Prince Charles, and what a splendid fellow he is. He stopped and we shook hands and we had a small chat. I was in a work capacity so had to be on my best behaviour. Had it been in a different scenario I would have shook his hand, done a full body bow, imitated banging my head on the barrier separating us and then slumped to the floor unconscious.

Clarence house had sent a message prior to his arrival saying that anyone who dared to take photos would probably get shot by a silenced weapon. I obeyed.

"The Queen in Preston 1977 (Out of the Car)""



Comments

Popular Posts