Sedbergh Spring Show Again

Sedbergh Spring Show this weekend and what a lovely opener to the season it was. The sun was shining, the daffodils were out and people were actually busying about town.

I didn’t manage to retain the Photography Cup in this year’s Spring Show, that honour went to Chris Wood, the chap who joint won it with me last year. I came in a solid second and got first prize for 3 categories and 2 third places. I’ve told him that I’ll take it off him next year. Darwin entered the competition too this year with a photo of some animals for the under 16’s. He didn’t get an award but I thought his photo was best.

I got chatting to a local celebrity, John Pye, Smooth Radio presenter. He’s a fellow Prestonian, a newish Sedberghian and elderly father like myself, and a very pleasant fellow too. He’s now the most famous Facebook friend I have. He’s friends with Simon Mayo! He’s also friends with a number of people who I used to go to school with and used to work with, whom I’m not even friends with.

"John Pye"

Darwin's Photo




Comments

Popular Posts