The New House (Part 2)

You know that house I was going on about in my ‘The New House’ entry from April last year? Well we’ve only gone and blooming bought it haven’t we? Now we’re the proud owners of the house, attached barn, workshop and other out houses, a 2 acre field and a wood and other bits of land. It’s not so much the material possessions but the thought of spending the next 20 years in a place where we feel comfortable and safe, away from the majority of people and most importantly in a place where Darwin will be happy, healthy and can have many an adventure.

This weekend Pete and I cut up some fallen trees with a chain saw and split them using the mechanical splitter. Kerry did some gardening and my body is aching all over. I’m so unfit but I think this house and the many things we want to do to it will act as a gym for me.

In the evening we lit a small fire at the highest point of our field looking out onto the Yorkshire Dales as the sun set.




Comments

Popular Posts