Fatty's View

Now that it’s the summer holidays we have to think of how to take care of Darwin when we have to work and school isn’t on. For one of the weeks we could call upon Bev, Darwin’s grandmother. So Kerry dropped him off in Manchester on the Friday and we wouldn’t see him until the following Thursday! This would be the longest our child had been away from us since he was born.

Of course I felt slightly empty but Kerry and I get very little time to spend with each other so we had to monopolise. On the Saturday we set off to Keswick again and walked up Castle Crag, somewhere I thought I had never been before but as it happens DSon, Deaf and I went up back in 2010, as documented in this blog.

When we walk I like to say ‘Hello’ (and other things) to the people we meet, but I like to change my accent each time. Kerry doesn’t like this and calls me a ‘dick’, and worse. "No matter how many times you ask me I'm not going to poo on you” is one of the things I might say as we walk past folk.

Afterwards we drove up to ‘Surprise View’ which gives splendid views of Derwent Water and we ate our lunch. There was a party of ‘big people’ who had brought several hampers of cooked meats and cakes and this made me eat my lunch quicker, just in case they got hungry for my lunch too. But in hindsight I bet they get a lot of ‘big people’ here, it’s an ideal Lakes District location for a fatty giving elevated views of beautiful lake district landscapes without ever getting out of a car, and if you are one of the larger adventurous people who does venture from the comfortable seats of the car, there are picnic benches to consume your hourly feast.

I really missed Piggy all week but it was lovely to be able to spend some silly time with Bunster.

'Castle Crag'



Comments

Popular Posts