Sports Day

When I was at school my parents never came to any parents evenings, sports days, award ceremony's or school plays, "We've done all that with Paulette and Sandra" (my step-sisters) was the reason given and I can't remember if I was bothered by that or not.

We're not like that and it makes me super duper excited to see him at school. The school had a sports day leading up to the summer holidays, Darwin's first ever sports day. I'm not expecting him to excel at sports and spent the days leading up to it trying to convince him that winning isn't everything because I know sometimes he takes losing very hard.

First we watched him in the high jump, then the long jump.  I noticed there was no recording of lengths or heights or judging whether rules were being adhered to or not, but it was probably for the best because both he and all the other kids were making a hash of both events.  Then he took part in the 'Throw a bean bag into the net' event and Darwin was the only kid to get the bean bag in twice.  I was mega proud, why weren't these results being recorded????

Some running event and an egg and spoon race followed.  I felt like crying with happiness.





Comments

Popular Posts