Facial Tattoos and Mobility Scooters

Last month I got all excited about going to the Lowther Show again, however although I had got the date right I had got the month wrong, it was next month! This weekend Kerry, Darwin and I went to Blackpool to see the air show, however it wasn’t on, it was to be next weekend! I wonder if I’m losing it?

The Lowther Show loss wasn’t so bad, I hadn’t made my way there or anything but with the air show I had actually come all the way to Blackpool. I couldn’t remember the last time I came to Blackpool but I had a look at the blog at it reminded me. I’ve been twice in the blogs lifetime!

My opinions of the place haven’t changed, it’s still a hole. In fact that’s cruel, it isn’t the mostly the place, it’s the people! I know I shouldn’t be critical of people but Blackpool is something else. And I know the popularity of facial tattoos, vast amounts of mobility scooters, massively over-weight mammals (mainly people, sometimes dogs!) and an increased amount of dwarves shouldn’t be a measure of people, but it certainly adds to the ambiance of the place. Gambling machines designed for kids, masses of pound shops and other plastic selling emporiums, B&B’s converted into homeless & rehab centres, cheap lager, constant sound of sirens and mothers shouting at kids, coupled together with the above people observations all make me look upon Blackpool in a unique kind of way. (I say unique, but Morecambe is quite similar!)

Anyway, apart from going there with my camera to photograph stuff I’ll be doing my best to avoid the place.





Comments

Popular Posts