Country Equivalent of a Fat Kid Chucking Balls

I’ve moaned on about the cost of such sporting events like the Olympics and the World Cup before, and my opinions haven’t changed. What a waste.

It’s all just PE (the Olympics). And at school if you’re good at PE and nothing else then what’s the point? I remember a fat kid at school who was particularly good at cricket, he once bowled out 6 people with 6 overs and the school made such a big deal about it. I remember at the time thinking, “You’re 14 and about 20 stone. Everyone is quite literally avoiding the elephant in the room here!”. If he had just broke the 4 minute mile, or even the 40 minute mile given his size, I would have been impressed, but he was playing cricket, and being the bowler, the least energic of all the cricket team! I bet he didn’t even take a run up. He was probably only there for the tea and cakes at half time!

On a separate note I tried to search for him on Facebook to see what he was up to now. I don’t think I found him. However there are quite a few profiles of people with the same name and a lot of them either have emoji’s, animals or flags as there profile picture. I don’t know if it’s just me but whenever I see this kind of mis-representation in a profile picture it always makes me think that they must be fat. So I might have found him!

Any road, I’ve digressed. I was listening to a radio debate the other day about the Olympics and people were ringing in saying that Britain is now Great again. The host even commented about the president of the EU, Martin Schulz (German), wanting Britain to leave the EU as soon as possible, and then he went on to say, “Yeah, and where are they in the medals league table?”.

I really don’t get it. Well done for running fast, falling off a diving board and riding gay horses, but ultimately how is that ever going to make a difference?

We’re the country equivalent of a fat kid chucking balls at sticks.
"I think you've got dogshit on your shoes mate"
 

Note: I did eventually find out what he’s doing now and he’s dead. Died of a weight related illness!

Comments

Popular Posts