Turned Into Roger Murtaugh

“I want to go to the tube”, Darwin said. We weren’t in London and I knew exactly what he meant. He wanted to go back to Brockholes, so I covered him in sunscreen and off we went.

On the way we sang Beatles songs and that song by David Seville “Oo ee, oo ah ah, ting tang, a walla walla bing bang”… which resulted in Darwin singing “Oo ee, oo ah ah” in a continuous loop for about an hour.

This time we went on the tree top adventure. I must have been heavily influenced by ‘Roger Murtaugh’ (Danny Glover from Lethal Weapon) as a kid because I’m pretty sure I said “I’m getting too old for this sh*t” at least 3 times as we climbed through tunnels, bounced on nets and slid down slides.

We cooled off by Windermere afterwards and Darwin recalled the characters from Peter Rabbit. For his last birthday Sarah bought Darwin a collection of original Peter Rabbit stories. To be honest, I much prefer the cartoon. Beatrix Potter comes across as a mad old bugger to me, I’m pretty sure it’s a time thing, I’m sure she would have been ace in her day.






Comments

Popular Posts