Beware of the False Circumcision

We had a drive out to Dent on Friday night. There are some lovely little drives and places all around where we live and at this time of year when hedges are dense and trees are prime I’m pretty sure that there is very little difference between how the places looked in the 1950’s to how they are now.

We visited the local play park. One of the play things there is like a little bucket that spins around. I imagine the bearings are new on the ride because they’re very well lubricated and with very little effort you can make the thing spin round awfully quick. The devil in me persuaded Darwin to have a go and I span him very quickly for a very short period of time, just enough for his face to show fear but not enough to make him cry. Kerry told me off.

We then mooched about a bit and I’m sure we saw everything. I did notice that a local religious organisation was having a celebration for the Queen’s birthday but dogs were strictly not allowed. Does the Christian God not like dogs? I don’t think the Muslim chief is keen on them but I wasn’t aware that the Christian one had a dislike.
I just did a search on Google about dogs in the bible and found the following sentence:

Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision;

I can understand about being wary of the dogs and the evil workers, or anything evil for that matter, but the false circumcision is surely the least circumcisory thing to be aware of isn’t it?





Comments

Popular Posts