Carbon Fixation

Kerry sometimes doesn’t like to be too descriptive, other times the specifics would make NASA weep. I’ll ask her, “Where is the cloth for cleaning the table?”. We now have as many cloths as there are colours in the rainbow. The red cloth is used to clean sinks, the yellow cloth to clean ceilings, the pink ones are used to clean the paws of a Panda, and the green ones are for the underside of a Frisbee etc. In the olden days I just used to have 1 cloth and an old pair of boxer shorts for dusting so it’s no wonder I get confused. And she isn’t compassionate if I get it wrong. If for instance I’m using the Mauve cloth for polishing a tortoise she’ll flip out and quote an inexplicable rhyme like “Tortoise, Turquoise! Are you some kind of effin retard?”. (Actually that does sound quite explicable, maybe I am a retard!).

So on the flip side, I’ll ask her the question, “Where is the cloth for cleaning the table?” and I’ll get a response like “Just in there”. Specifically “Just in there” means right at the other end of the house, in the kitchen, in the left hand cupboard beneath the sink, behind the dishwasher tablets in a red tin in a green bag. So consequently I have to ask about 10 questions in order to find anything.

The other night she was in a very non-descriptive mood, which isn’t the mood to be in when she’s trying to explain the theory of carbon fixation.

“I read a very interesting article today”, she said.

“O, really? What about?”, I replied.

“This electric thing in the ground and scientist reckon… anyway summat to do with oxygen and that”

I giggled imagining that this was a Physics dissertation or maybe a presentation to the Global Science Community.

“O sod you then”, she said with a face like a chimp.

I took a photo to capture the moment. I do love her lots.
 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts