A Perfect Sunday in Summer

As a pure atheist I’m convinced that what Christians call heaven is what I experience every day, and yesterday did nothing to sully this impression.

Darwin and I woke reasonably early and had nothing on our agenda. The sun was out, it was hot with a slight breeze and we were in a lovely place, home. We had breakfast and went outside to see the animals. We said hello to the horses, the cats and the chickens, fed the fish and went for a walk through the buttercups and long grass. We played by the river for a while and made our way home before it got too hot. I took photos.

Kerry arrived home dropped off by her dad and he erected a swing chair in the garden. I drank beer in the afternoon whilst Darwin lay his head on my lap and we swung gently in the shade of the hot day. It was at that point I felt as content as any person could do.

I cooked dinner, which didn’t do anything to improve the day, but we sat round our new big table and everything was right.

I don’t like the thought of travelling south on the M6 anymore.
 

"New Ruby's Mum"


 



"Bobby & Tom"


Comments

Popular Posts