"I'd be mad if I found it"

Darwin and I had our hair cut on Saturday, £12 each!!! That’s the most expensive haircut I have ever had. I bet Gail Porter was well happy when she went bald, think of the money she has saved, and women’s hair do’s cost well more than that!

Darwin was wearing shortish trousers and braces on that day too, he looked like a proper little Bovver Boy afterwards.

The following day Kerry wanted to go to a Car Boot Sale. eBay has destroyed the car boot hasn’t it? There were people selling things there where if I bought everything they were selling I would probably be handing over less than a fiver. And the phrase “I’d be mad if I found it” comes to mind, whereby if I came out of my door one morning and was confronted by all this rubbish I’d probably be calling the police and reporting a fly tipping incident.

Afterwards we went to Arnside. In the café I ordered pie and chips and then sat down to await my lunch. As I sat down a young waitress came over and said, “We do have chips but it will take about 10 minutes to cook them”. What I heard was, “We acknowledge your reasonable request for an item which we ought to have virtually on demand, but our incompetence prevents us from providing you with such a simple service”. If she had said nothing I really wouldn’t have been bothered about a 10 minute wait but as it happens I chose not to have the chips, partly out of spite. I was starving after just the pie. I’m getting proper cantankerous in my old age.

"Hereee's Piggy"
 
"New Ruby & Darwin"


 
"Nell & Darwin"


Comments

Popular Posts