Flooded a Bog

We went to the barbers again at the weekend, I’m sure Darwin’s hair and nails grow extra-ordinarily quick. Mind you, the other week I was interviewing a young person and we got talking about ‘long term plans’. Their impression of ‘long term’ is about 2 years, sometimes I feel like I can piss for longer than that! But that’s it isn’t it, time now goes lightning fast, but for me the 5 years to get from the age of 16 to 21 felt like 50 years. For all I know we might not have cut Darwin’s hair in a year!

There was a moment during the cutting of his hair where he appeared to be re-enacting the De Niro scene from Taxi Driver, the famous “You looking at me?” scene. I’m pretty sure he hasn’t seen it.

Yesterday when he got back from nursery Kerry told me that he had been in trouble. During the day he had gone into the bathroom, plugged the sink with paper and turned the tap on until the sink overflowed. It wasn’t a malicious act, just a curious one, but I had to be stern and have a chat with him. However, secretly I was impressed that he had used ingenuity to use paper to block the plug hole. I thinks he’s going to be a clever man.
 
 



"You Looking at Me?"


Comments

Popular Posts