Are We There Yet?

Whilst Kerry completed her dad’s tax returns Piggy and I took a trip to Ramsbottom on the train. Coincidently named ‘Sapper’, the steam train we caught was the last such train in operational service living up to at least half of the Sapper saying, “first in, last out”.

We got our own compartment and settled down for the 15 minute ride. “It’s exciting riding on the train Daddy” Darwin said. It’s becoming rarer now where he calls me Daddy. Ever more frequently he calls me ‘Dad’, surely that’s a bit premature isn’t it? Every now and then he calls me ‘Michael’ which I quite enjoy.

I brought the Fuji and the light was just right, I took some photos that I quite liked for the first time in a while. Darwin and I conversed and laughed and it does feel like he’s having a development spurt at the moment. I gave him the responsibility of handing the tickets to the inspector and he enjoyed it.

When we got the Ramsbottom we bought some guitar strings and then went back to the station to catch the return train home. This time we sat with the public in a shared carriage and Darwin tried to make me laugh, which he did successfully. He would take a sip of his juice and ask in a silly voice, simultaneously pulling a silly face, “Are we there yet?”. I would say “No” and he repeated this for about 10 minutes. We both laughed more each time he did it. I think he likes the attention and he likes making people laugh.







"Are we there yet?"


Comments

Popular Posts