The Last Days


The last few days have been strange.  I've spent them 'mopping up', and when I say that I mean throwing loads of stuff in the bin and shredder and wiping hard drives.  In front of me sits a small frame displaying a certificate of appreciation for loyal and conscientious service for the past 15 years,  Excel tells me that's approximately 3559 days, and it's strange to think that I will never enter this building again.

I've had some wonderful times here and still have a few stories to tell, see future posts.  One such story was when I stuck black and red fibre cable covers to my face in an attempt to look like Darth Maul and then hid in a cabinet knowing that someone would come into the comms room soon.  I would then leap out like a dark lord on acid frightening them so much they would throw a brew into their own face or soil themselves.  Whilst I was in the cabinet I heard the door open and someone began to type on a keyboard.  Fortunately for me I inched the cabinet door open first to inspect who it was and was surprised to see my Director level boss.  I stalled on making the leap but after about 10 minutes the suckers on my face began to hurt so I slowly and carefully started to remove them, each one making a tiny popping noise on their removal.

As I type this I'm sat here with small bruises and circles on my face after re-creating the Darth Maul experience again this morning.  What's that saying?  Idol hands are the devil's workshop?

Any road, yesterday me and the last 2 IT lads made a little video.  Jacko played the main acting role, I directed, edited and filmed and Jason provided the sound effects in the toilet scene.

"Darth Maul"




Comments

Popular Posts