Dorset Summer 2015

It's no surprise that once again we went to Dorset for a week and stopped at the place where Piggy had his first holiday, the home with the badger set.  Grandad Pete came with us too.  We saw the deer again but drew a blank on the Badgers.  Piggy and I visited the set and we learnt what a badger is but I told him they were sleeping.  Every time he made a noise I told him that he would wake the badgers, and occasionally it prevented him from making a racket.

The week was action packed, and as I write this after the event I feel quite exhausted.

On the first day we visited Abbotsbury Sub-Tropical Gardens where at the same time a music festival was being held.  Once you had purchased tickets for the festival it granted you free access to the Swannery and Farm during the same weekend.  This wasn't like any music festival I had ever been to.  I watched the crowd turn up, most with picnic blankets and cool boxes, probably filled with soft drinks and yoghurt (although it could have been beer and drugs but I'll show my arse..) and most were wearing Jesus sandals.  The average age of the attendees must have been about 60.  I was sure that this was a Christian music festival and I started to feel angered slightly, I can't be doing with mass praising of the lord and worshipping, but with a little Googling I found it was a folk festival with the headline act being "Show of Hands", see that even sounds Jesus'y doesn't it?

We (I say 'we', I mean Piggy) ran round the gardens like mad men, went across a rope bridge and fed food to lots of Carp.

Afterwards we visited Portland again and this time Kerry and I went to the top of Portland Bill.  There was an old fella on the tour and if he had of died there and then it wouldn't have surprised me one bit.  Interesting facts about the lighthouse, the 3 ton light sits on 3/4 of a ton of mercury and you can move it with one finger, and the massive lamps will soon be replaced with 3 LED's!


"Grandad and Piggy"

"Piggy and Coca"




"Portland"





Comments

Popular Posts