Strathyre With the Boys, a Bit of Flu and a Flavouring of Pnuemonia


This weekend I was due to go to Scotland with Danny, Ste & Paul.  The Tuesday night prior to the trip I came down with a fever followed by loss of appetite and a severe aching of the body.  The doctor told me that is was likely to be flu and prescribed lots of drinking and relaxing as there was nothing she could give me to rectify the issue.  Fortunately for me that’s exactly what I had planned for the weekend.

We travelled up to Strathyre on the Friday listening to Danny singing songs on his iPhone like a little chipmunk, sometimes in reverse.  It was the objective of the other 3 passengers to guess the song, and we didn't guess one.  Danny laughed all the time while we got ever more pissed off, but luckily it was only a 4½ hour journey this time.

The cabin we stayed in was grand, with 2 large bedrooms, a living room and kitchen and nestled away in the woods.  But I was fucked.  Come 9pm I had to go to bed and coughed all night.

The following day we visited the local distillery, Deanstown, and then we went into Stirling and took a look at William Wallaces house.  We followed that with a revolution of the Falkirk Wheel.  I had to get back in the afternoon for a nap before the quiz night, once again I was fucked.  We toyed with a variety of names for our quiz team, “Satans aborted foetus”, “Hippo’s clit” & “Full blown AIDS” and we settled for the family friendly name “The Jack Officers”.  We came 3rd.  There were 4 teams!

The following day we spent shooting clay pigeons and had a grand time.  I expected to do a lot better but I can only assume that my illness was hindering my skills.  I did make a small video that I will link to below, it’s only worth watching from 4:10 onwards to see the shooting skills.


I’m actually writing this 2 weeks on from my first bout of fever and I’m still fucked.  It feels like that weekend never happened it went so quick.

Watch from 4:10 on for the Clays

"Fags & Statins"

"The Robinson Boys"

"DSon @ Deanston"


Comments

Popular Posts