Even More Jewchester

I got a few hours to myself today so I decided to have a walk around the Jewish area of Manchester and take a few more images to expand my Jewchester project.  As luck would have it there were very few Jewish folk about, I guess because it was the holy day.

I’m still confused about the project and I’m partly uneasy.  I’ve written to the Manchester synagogue and asked if I could meet with them to discuss what it means to be Jewish, I hope they reply.  I want to know why there seems to be a defined segregation between the Jewish community and other cultures.  I like the style of some of the Jewish clothes, particularly the fedora hat.  Although I’m also not too keen on some of the outfits and I want to know why some wear one and some wear the other.  Most of my knowledge about Jewish people I’ve got from Curb your Enthusiasm and I’m not convinced this is the best authority for my knowledge on the subject.

I did manage to get a few shots and I’ll walk around a bit more over the next few months.  There did appear a number of men walking round in contemplative thought, is this intentional?


Jewchester isn't an anti-Semitic word is it?  I've published a few images on Instagram and so far these are the least liked of my images.







Comments

Popular Posts