Tripitaka Revised

I photographed Tripitaka again on Sunday night.  I turned up early at their shared practise venue whilst another band was practising.  The band sounded a little bit like the Macc Lads, although not as well polished and a little more morose.  The bass player sounded like he had one arm, one big arm and he was using a leg to fret the guitar.  The singer (I use the term loosely) and the drummer sounded very angry and I was unsure whether they had a guitar player or whether they had simply leant a guitar against an amp, turned the volume to max and let it feed back under its own steam.  When they exited the room they looked exactly like I imagined them to, they were talking about imprisoned friends and they were extremely polite.

Tripitaka turned up and we photographed in a make shift studio set up.  After that they began to play whilst I photographed some more.  The contrast in music and talent was phenomenal.  I mean, I like Punk n all but listening to Tripitaka is aural honey.  I’ve been listening to James Brown all week as a consequence.


I’ve rattled on about Tripitaka in the past and nothing has changed so I won’t go on about it!










Comments

Popular Posts