Bygone Times

We went to Bygone Times, Eccleston on Saturday for a mooch around.  I'm always surprised that I don't come away with loads of stuff when we go but I thinks there's too much stuff it confuses me.  Piggy was in his trike and he's like a shark when he's in it, always biting legs off swimmers.  Not really, I mean he always has to be moving other wise he kicks off.  He's learnt how to steer the thing now, I found this out as the trike precariously manoeuvred itself into a shelf of expensive antiques without my intervention.

The thing that annoys me about Bygone Times is scattered around the place are signs that say, "Ghost Hot Spot".  Now I'm pretty sure these are scattered about to generate publicity and intrigue for kids but when they're taken seriously by adults it does my fucking head in.  Bygone Times, and coincidentally Botany Bay, (another mill owned by the same people!) were the subject of a ghost hunt by Jason Karl, co-presenter of "Most Haunted".  An article in the paper read:


"Tests have been carried out to try and find out if one of Chorley's most famous landmarks is haunted.

The Jason Karl Ghost Research Foundation, led by TV ghost hunter Jason Karl and medium Veronica Charles, carried out the special investigation at Botany Bay after visitors claimed the 150-year-old building was haunted.

In the first ever paranormal probe at the site, more than 100 experts and enthusiasts were on hand with electro-magnetic field meters, infra-red cameras, temperature sensors and other state-of-the-art equipment in a bid to detect things that go bump in the night."


100 experts!  Jesus Christ!  I feel like I should have been there to give those 100 people a good slap and tell them to "grow the fuck up".

As a footnote to this post, I can confirm that the Ghost Researcher Jason Karl, who is also a fame seeking actor, did star in the 2006 film "The Clenched Twat of Notre Dame".  I wonder if the film was about him?

"Me n Piggy n the Ghost of Sooty"

Comments

  1. Being the director of The Clenched Twat of Notre Dame I can confirm the film was NOT about Jason Karl. I can also confirm the ghosts of Bygone Times are made up, but a number of people who used to work there convinced themselves the ghosts were real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kudos on one of my favourite titles of all time Ian and I feel honoured that you have made a comment on my blog. And thanks for clearing that up, I know that Jason Karl isn't from Notre Dame so it didn't make sense.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts