Told Off

I think my sister told me off this weekend.  Kerry tells me off all the time so I've become quite numb to it, but when Sarah tells me off it has a completely different feel.  I felt like my mum was telling me off.

About 20 years ago (I think!) my Nan was 90 and there was a big family do for her.  I bought her a card with a picture of a cat on the front.  Above the cat it said "Guess what?", and then on the inside it said, "Everyone thinks you're an arsehole".  Of course no-one thought she was anything other than a dear lovely lady, and she smiled (although to be honest I'm pretty sure she didn't have a clue what was going on!), but other folk didn't readily get the humorous side of the card.

I think cards are rubbish.  What is the practical point of them?  If you're going to speak with someone to wish them Happy Birthday or Christmas, or any of the infinite number of other reasons why some people send cards nowadays, why do you have to write it down on paper, which would otherwise be better off remaining as a tree?

Any road, that's why I got told off this weekend too, cards!  I wouldn't mind but she doesn't even have a dog, and it was an off-the-shelf card!




"Sarah's Card"

Comments

Popular Posts