Chimneys & Dodgems

At ten to eleven last Thursday night, after a bottle and a half of Shiraz, I found myself on the Dodgems at a fair in a Leicestershire town.  Last time I was on the Dodgems they were playing Dexys Midnight Runners but now that was replaced with Hardcore Drum & Bass, which oddly enough did suit the mood.  I felt like I should have felt ashamed when I came off the ride, but I wasn't.

I travelled back up North the following day as the sun was about to set and found myself mesmerized by the huge cooling chimneys that adorn the M1 around the middle counties.  I love big chimneys, I don't know what it is about them.  The light was catching these chimneys beautifully so I pulled off the motorway to try and find an observation place so that I could take a few images.  They were bellowing out steam (I presume steam!) and the setting sun was casting shadows within it.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anywhere to stop so I had to take an image on the iPhone driving.  Later on after I had posted the image on Facebook an old friend told me he worked there.

"Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station"

Comments

Popular Posts