Bovine Orgy

I rattle on about Yorkshire every now and then but this weekend made me think that I'd like to live there. We've been looking at houses recently and this weekend we went for a drive to view prospective dwellings. Our journey took us into Rochdale, Jesus Christ!   There is no way I'm living there.   It was quite fitting that this weekend Paul Flowers, a former Labour councillor on Rochdale Council, and also formerly a Minister in Rochdale Methodist Church, is the subject of a police investigation following revelations in a national newspaper that he had been caught on film buying crystal meth and cocaine.

After that our route took us into Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge and other places in Calderdale.  After Rochdale it felt I was now in Hobbiton or that place where the Ewoks live or somewhere.  We took a road from Hebden to Briercliffe near Burnley and it felt as though we were in the Highlands, particularly when we had to stop for a small herd of Highland Cattle.  One of the bulls got a bit frisky with one of the cows in front of Kerrys car and I thought a bovine orgy was about to break out on Kerrys car.  Kerry shat herself.

They're still a bit funny in Yorkshire but I can handle that, particularly when you compare em to crystal meth taking ministers/councillors from Lancashire!

"Hebden Bridge at the Weekend"

Comments

Popular Posts