The Vote

03.05.13

As I suggested in my Thatcher post I did vote for the first time this year.  I conclude that all politicians talk shit and simply want to win the election rather than do any good.  And I don't necessarily think that's any fault of the politician, I think it's a fault of the process.  There is very little accountability for actions and very little measurement.  Sure, it's good that everyone has the opportunity to vote (people fought wars for this I used to get told!) but now we need to ask ourselves if how we elect and subsequently run the country is the right way.

I purposely spoiled my vote.  I figured if loads of folk did this then something would be done.  As it happens only 10 votes out of 3584 were spoilt, and I'm not convinced all of these will have been spoilt on purpose.

"The Polling Station"

"The Vote"

Comments

Popular Posts