Lonewolf

12.05.13

I've always been quite keen on keeping "memoirs", and indeed this is what my blog is essentially.  When I first started that funny teenager stage of my life when you think the world is against you and no one understands, I used to keep a diary type thing and sign my entries "lonewolf".  I guess it was an anonymity thing and I used to write in riddles.  It did no good however, the diary never used to leave my bedroom and could only be found by my dad or stepmother.  My dad wouldn't have cared but my stepmother would have flipped out if she found it, and I know this because she did find it!  I guess saying things like, "and then the "Fat One" made dinner" required a little more encryption if my feelings were to be undetected.

"Lonewolf" was the callsign that Johnny Rambo used in the film "First Blood", that's where I got it from, and for quite some time I liked to think I was a Lonewolf.  In fact the whole "Rambo" franchise has got a lot to answer for in my life.  I wanted to be an actor when I left school but my stepmother convinced me that I would become homosexual if I did.  She championed the idea of going into the army, and I, together with the solid evidence that Johnny Rambo was based on me, championed the idea of going in the army to get away from her.  I got covered in mud, experienced the cold and was made to get out of bed early, and then I realised that maybe I wasn't Johnny Rambo.

I'm not a Lonewolf either any more.  Sure, I like my own company, and don't get enough of it, but I love the thought of spending time with my family, particularly my boy and fiance.  Today we went for a walk to Stubbins along the old railway track.  Such a simple affair but I know this is a good time in my life.

NB:  There's a profile on Facebook named "Lonewolf John J Rambo", you must check it out.  https://www.facebook.com/lonewolf.rambo

"An image from "Lonewolf John J Rambo"'s Facebook Profile"

"Fangy Darwin"

"Tree Rubbish"

"The Black Cat of Stubbins"

Comments

Popular Posts